View Single Post
Old 28th December 2019, 12:01   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Try some injector cleaner, before getting too involved.

Empty out the diesel filter, refill with cleaner, start the engine and run for a few seconds - long enough to get the neat cleaner into the injectors, then leave the car overnight. Drive it as normal next morning.
totally agree with this.

These are TOAF injector readings the morning after I serviced the car. Filled a new fuel filter with Forte Diesel Treatment (eBay LINK), after being recommended to try it on this site. Fill the fuel filter with it, start car, and run for 20-30 seconds. Switch off and leave to soak overnight. The next day, I took it for a bit of a run, and a little italian tune up (as much as an auto will let you lol). After, the car felt a little smoother, and a little more eager. I dont know how much of what I felt was a placebo, but the figures do show a little benefit to doing it.

I now change my fuel filter and use the Forte every service. The difference I feel now is not noticeable, but then that has to be expected if the Forte works. I did try the same method with Redex Fuel treatment neat in the filter - just to see if it would do the same job for less, but there was no difference in the numbers, unfortunately.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before and after.jpg (99.8 KB, 310 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote