Thread: Energy bills
View Single Post
Old 7th January 2022, 09:19   #59
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Anyone that knows a bit about gas knows that, there's a site called SEDBUK where you can check the efficiency of your gas boiler if you have one, most older boilers are very low % efficient and it's worth knowing how much it cost's to run one. Many newer combi condensors are very good and into the 90% range, if your old boiler is say 60% efficient that's 40p out of every £ you spend on gas going to waste. The money a newer boiler costs is soon clawed back with the savings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Having smart meters will eventually lead to meter readers being out of a job, the smart meter uploads your readings automatically.
I don't use self service tills for that reason, basic shop work gets a lot of young people on the employment ladder, one person manning four tills puts everyone's young people at risk of not getting a job, it might get you out of a shop faster but it makes money for the shops and no-one else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Did you know, we actually pay tax on the air we breath?
Iv had a look at its efficiency and its 94%. Its a 3 year old condensing combi.

Costing less to run than th old one even though its on alot more now we have retired. It modulates a treat and th half hourly report from our duel duel provider via smart meter shows that all is well in what it does.. I would like higher efficent radiator in th front room though. Micheal (Saga Lout) could you tell me your brand of rad you use. Ours is 1000 by 450 double panel with fins inside. Carnt really go any bigger and th wife would disslike 2 radiators in th room.