View Single Post
Old 28th December 2018, 08:21   #4
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Bought my Xtrons PCD7746B the same seller. Helpful and responded quickly (not like the other bloke) but while I’m more than happy with the function of the unit. It was not easy to fit and still sticks out a few mm at the bottom.

Like my earlier Win unit I had to prune the tabs which was expected, after many tries I eventually got it to fit perfectly flush but then connected the wiring & radio plug. Despite removal of some insulation I just couldn’t get the unit to fit flush, the aerial plug got broken, but I’ve noticed that some of his later units don’t have this plug but a conventional aerial plug like the one in your link.

Steering wheel controls work but require splicing into the car’s loom.

Good luck
Yep,had read that these kind of things can be a bit fiddly to get to fit properly and line up without sticking out a bit. Don't mind spending a bit of time getting unit to fit flush by cutting or grinding bits away if needed.
I was more curious into how quick they are to wire in. Didn't know you had to splice into car loom to get steering wheel controls to work,thanks for the heads up on that mate
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote