Thread: Brake fluid!
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 11:23   #78
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
However-----In 65 years of motoring on the road I have NEVER, ever read of a car having brake failure due to water boiling in the brake fluid.--

Nor have I ever read about it in my 10 years on this forum.--Must be as rare as hens teeth.

I could see it happening if you were descending from Mont Blanc using the brakes all the way though.--

PS. Looking back through my posts I have NEVER said changing brake fluid makes no difference. Maybe you are quoting from another persons post.--

If you keep dropping these pennies you are going to make me very rich. ( I hope. Lol. )

If you gave me a penny on day one then two pennies on day two then four pennies on day three and so on ( Doubling each time. ) then by the end of a month I would be a multi millionaire.---

Please don't stop.----Every little helps when you are a pensioner.--
As a pensioner, you'll put your back out dancing around semantics like that.

Having the knowledge that you'll die in your bed if your house catches fire when you're sleeping is not a reason not to fit and maintain smoke alarms. It's basic maintenance of a safety critical system.

A binding caliper can happen at any time, and without symptoms. There's a thread here on that very subject from a couple of weeks ago. I'll take the additional buffer zone that fluid changes provide. Your need to be right doesn't equate to furthering the point of the discussion. For the record, brake fade and failure happens every single day on the UK's roads. I'm not going to endorse the possibility of becoming a statistic.