View Single Post
Old 4th December 2018, 04:33   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Going to be a hard one today.............

.................................................. for me to get through. Today is my Val’s birthday and I would normally be getting ready to visit the cemetery with Red Roses. But now i’m 278 miles away, so cannot attend. I’m hoping that Val’s brother, Michael, goes and lays some flowers. I did think about travelling up yesterday and staying over till Thursday then travelling up to Norwich for Freddie’s funeral.

Then I would have had to drive back as far as Michaels before returning to Lymington on Friday, where I would be meeting the Southwest Crew for our annual pilgrimage to the IOW. But too much driving, plus my emotions would get in the way, and make driving unsafe, i’ve decided best not go. Coupled with the fact of losing my brother last year, December becomes the one month I can do with out.

But I’ll not be brooding, or sinking back into depression today, for I have work to do today. Helping Allen to take his fishing boat, “Happy Days”, up river to the boatyard for her winter holiday. She will be coming out of the water ready for routine maintenance. So at least my mind will be, along with my body, occupied.
No doubt I may take a photo or two.

So many thanks to Allen, and Val for our lift back to Saltash. I’ll be raising a glass or two this evening to say Thank You and to wish my Val Happy Birthday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A4758B1A-0A42-4486-9CCB-4A941B53D0DD.jpg (9.4 KB, 58 views)

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote