View Single Post
Old 9th December 2018, 05:52   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Kippers and marmalade sandwiches.....................................

.................................................. , well not sandwiches but on toast instead. No holiday of mine would not be complete without me having my favourite for breakfast. Once breakfast was over we agreed to meet in reception at 10.30.

The plan was to visit the Xmas fair at Godshill near Ventor. But my Satnav was unable to locate the place so Paul in the Moonstone Tourer said he would lead as his Satnav was showing the location. Allen and Val joined Debbie and I in the Bear. I wanted to get some go go juice before returning back on Monday. Now I don't know if anyone has ever been on the island but petrol stations are few and far. On our way to Godshill we passed only one and that was a supermarket garage. I'm not very keen on supermarket fuel, so we gave this one a miss.

Not sure if there was a quicker route to Godshill but it seemed like forever before we found the place. We found the Xmas fair and the car park was heaving, and there were coaches pulling in. But we found spaces. The market wasn't very big and if you was not into homemade food or jewellery there was not much else there. We re-grouped and split into two parties, our lot went for a wander into the village but because of the winter season there was quite a few places closed.

I found a nice metal sign depicting a squadron of Hurricanes diving through the sky. And only £9.99. I bought that for my mates little boy as one of his birthday presents, he is Hurrricane and Spitfire mad. Debbie, Val, Shirley and Allen all bought something as well. But now the heavens we're opening so it was time to return to the cars, where we found the rest all sitting in there cars waiting for us.
So onto our annual visit to Busy Bee's garden centre and Xmas shop, which is huge and over three floors. Worth a visit if you've never been. Paul volunteered to lead us. And again we only saw one petrol station, but too late to pull in.

Once at Busy Bee's we played hunt the parking space but the Bear sniffed out a spot. It was raining quiet heavy now so that meant a quick sprint into the store, well it was a slow sprint for me. Once inside and we met everyone else, we split up but agreed to meet up in the cafe about 13.30 for tea and cake. Like all huge garden centre complexes they sell everything. Now I had a bit of a funny turn and came over all sweaty, not very often I get my wallet out to buy clothes but I saw a very nice waterproof jacket, made by the Regatta clothing company and at half price it was a bargain. I did need a new one as the one I normally wear my Val bought me. Allen tried on a nice lightweight jacket, which Val bought for him as a Xmas present. And I bought a nice shirt.

We all met up in the cafe and sat down for tea and cake, naturally the women compared there purchases. Shock and horror was seen on many a face when it was discovered that I had bought NEW clothes.
Once food was consumed we then said as their was no need for all of us to convoy back to the hotel, it is a pretty straight run, we would then make our own ways back. But I still needed fuel and gave into buying Tesco fuel, still I got my points. Only put £44 worth in, not bad as it was for 180 miles. And I still had just half a tank left.
The Citroen needed fuel along with Grovey, the Orange ZTT. So we travelled back together in the dark and heavy rain.

We was the last car back, everyone else was already there. Unloaded our purchases and agreed to meet in the bar at about 17.30. Once back at the chalet I had a shower and tried on my new shirt, again. Did not wear it that tonight but I'll wear it tomorrow. I'm wearing my Poppy rugby shirts during the day.
I met Keith in the bar, then Allen arrived followed by Val and Debbie. Gradually everyone else appeared. Then it was nose bag time.
I started with the Garlic mushrooms on Brioche bread. Nice but they forgot to put the garlic in as I could not taste it. My main course was beef casserole with veg and new pots. Dessert for me was the cheese board although I did share some of Debbie's de-constructed cheese cake.

Then once food was consumed it was back to the ballroom for the resident group. Our top spot artist tonight was a tribute act to George Benson. Half of our crowd had to google the name to find out who he was. Sadly he was rubbish, he was that poor that half the audience left including some of us. Me included, now for me to leave it showed he was not good. For those who know me will tell you I love my music.
We went back to the bar and stayed there till about 23.30 when I turned in. Some of our crowd had returned to the ballroom as the tribute act had finished and the resident group were back on.
Been a long day and I was tired.

Sunday and we are off to the photographic museum, one of my strong interests. I have been involved with photographic work all my life and I've just bought another Nikon camera off of Matt. He just could not get into the art of being a photographer. Then we will go onto another garden centre complex. Before taking a scenic drive around the island, providing it don't rain, otherwise it will be back to the bar.

So thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 9th December 2018 at 05:54.. Reason: Missing words located
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote