View Single Post
Old 9th December 2018, 15:49   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool You'll never believe what I have bought..............

................................................. Today, Debbie is a bad influence on me.

We split up this morning after breakfast with Paul and Linda off to explore the Island. Keith & Annette also wanted to go off on there own. John, Nathan, Emma, Nina, Paul, Sue, Donna and Trvor were all off to the Oasis centre. That left Matt, Shiley, Debbie, Allen, Val and I to go to the camera museum then we would also go onto the Oasis centre.

So glad we went to the camera museum, what a fantastic place. We were shown the glass plate cameras and how they worked. We was allowed to dress up in Victorian clothing and have our pictures taken, they will appear on here once I'm home. Allen, Matt and I was dressed up in ladies clothes.
The cameras that were on display were amazing right from the earliest known right up to the ones of today. They even had my first ever proper 35mm camera. A Zenit with the 300mm lens with the pistol grip and flash. All mechanical, no batteries or motors.

Nice shop and the tea room was fantastic. We had the most amazing Christmas cake and proper tea in proper cups. We bought just one cake but it was huge and cut into 6 equal parts. Truly Scrumptious. Even more cameras on display in the cafe along with the most amazing black n white photo's.
There was also back in the main part of the museum the first aerial photo's with aircraft taking photo's of other aircraft over various places of interest. My favourite was of a Bristol bi-plane flying over the Firth of the Forth bridge. And the original photo was For Sale. A snip at £4500.

Then with Allen leading we set off in the two ZTT's for the Oasis centre which is on the other side of the Island. Our Satnav had a hissy fit when we got to a junction and the little car on the display done a complete 360 degree spin before settling down and showing us where to go.
As we arrived at Oasis the others that were there were just on the point of leaving. But we had a quick chat before they departed.

To be continued as it's nose bag time.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 9th December 2018 at 15:52.. Reason: Lost words located.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote