View Single Post
Old 1st January 2019, 00:09   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

When we first went to Germany, 30 odd years ago, there were no islands in the roads over there. My son, who lives over there, said they don’t know how to use islands yet. My advice to people who go on the continent is ‘ keep you bottom in the gutter’. If your bottom is not in the gutter, you are on the wrong side of the road. Just a little story about when in Rome do as the Romans do. We were in Florence for a couple of nights and we were told that we would have to move our car, if we found a parking spot near the hotel, because they come round at night to clean the street with a water bowser, in the middle of, so we were told they had a garage we could put the car in for the two nights,10 Euro’s. Accepted. We were then taken by a very beautiful young receptionist to the garage which was down a one way street. We asked how we get to it and the answer was just drive down and put your car in............against the flow of traffic???? When said we could not do that she said, ‘come with me in the car’. She took us against the flow of traffic for about 50 yards walking in front, and they all pulled over for us no trouble. There would be riots ,punch ups and whatever else over here. Love the Italians sense of law abiding. Happy New Year, and many of them.

Last edited by bl52krz; 1st January 2019 at 00:12..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote