View Single Post
Old 26th December 2019, 23:13   #35
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge.g View Post
If our diesel engines are so good at running cool, why does mine heat up very quickly (within 2 miles and needle at 9o'clock position) and gets so warm inside the cabin that i often have to open the windows? I am not able to monitor the temp using the 19/7 display as i cant seem to get to the 7 bit. After about 20-30mins, there is a noticeable cooling and the cabin doesnt get any warmer with the climate control untouched at 21 Deg. Is my thermostat playing up in my case??
I am guessing you are using the ATC set to 'auto'. When set to 'auto' the driver's side upper vents will begin to cool (guessing by mixing outside air to the warm) once the interior temp has reached its target (21 in your case). The idea being to keep the driver alert.

To verify this, 'feel' the air blowing at the driver's side lower, and the upper vents, then compare to the passenger side lower and upper vents. You should feel;

upper drivers side cool,
lower drivers side warm,
upper passenger side warm,
lower passenger side (as well as under seat to rear vents) warm.

You can override this, but I cannot recall exactly. Increasing the temperature target is one method, OR, if I recall, switching off the 'auto' and selecting the recirculating mode should do it.

-------------------

i would agree your temp rises very quickly, unless you have an operational parking heater. I am guessing you cannot get the 19/7 to work, as you may be selecting the 'on' instead of 'off', or holding the button in too long or too short. It took me a while to get it working.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote