View Single Post
Old 27th December 2019, 16:00   #40
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveluck View Post
But Mike, I thought the issue is that original thermostats themselves fail? Ie they stay open therefore continually cooling the engine?

I thought the inline simply replaces the work of the non functioning OEM thermostat. In other words the engine will produce and retain enough heat if you have a functioning thermostat.

My inline definitely works. I have more heat but it is still too low. Sits at 83c which I think is probably about 10c too low but that is considerably better than the 65c it was sitting at.

Yes they do Dave - they tend to start opening early, but the thread that post came was about fitting a different thermostat to increase the engine operating temperature, something that was looked at a few years ago.

It was bit like War and Peace: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=68468

I've nothing against in line stats but prefer to fit an original item as both the thermostat housings and O ring for the coolant rail can leak over time and will need replacing at some point.

Once you have done a few it isn't much of a job.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 27th December 2019 at 16:05..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote