View Single Post
Old 17th March 2019, 22:41   #336
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

No Ian, I am not even thinking that you would. I would not either.I just thought that I would post this snippet of info up for everyone to see. I have given the number of my card to various hotels in advance for their reassurance on the booking.I also normally ‘open a tab’ with my card when we go for a meal for the drinks and meal. I then pay in cash, and given a receipt with nothing on to prove that you are not paying twice.. I can understand why this is done because I have heard people boasting about walking out and not paying for whatever they have had. I have done it for years at the Ibis hotel in Calais, given my card, not run away. This is just to put people’s mind at rest about using the card to reserve the room at the hotel. Do you think that is why they wanted a e.mail address for those going on the trip. Perhaps we will all get an e.mail explaining the process. No problem.

Last edited by bl52krz; 18th March 2019 at 08:36.. Reason: Given my card not run away to quantify bad grammar
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote