View Single Post
Old 24th July 2019, 10:09   #34
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Now your back posting you just cant stay away but I note, still not answering questions put to you

There are indeed competent people outside this forum.

macafee2

Well, Ian, I keep trying to get away but people keep raising points asking for responses. So, here it goes, hopefully for the last time.

Quote:
Your post supports what I said, it wont clear the dole, thank you.

macafee2

It does not, really, it does not!

Quote:
Why call it obscured then say only 10% which supports what I said??????

No - how many people are taken off the dole would be determined by how many programmes the country runs and the total size of all programmes. For example, tidying up all the litter from public places could keep a lot of people employed, make the UK tidy and given the level of wages involved, would not cost any more than the cost of paying benefits that allow those people to maintain an acceptable living standard. It is the principle that is important to accept, the scale is far less important in the first instance.

The 10% was an example, it could be 50% or 100% depending on the scale.

Quote:
Sorry, being dyslexic I did not see where you answered the question about how many jobs are unfulfilled, could you repeat the answer?

I did not say anything about unfulfilled jobs but based on official figures, there are circa 3.5% to 4.5% of the working age population that is currently not in "paid employment" i.e. working for a living as opposed being on some form of benefit. Again, whether 3.56% or 4.09% is not important, it is the principle.

Can I go now?