View Single Post
Old 29th July 2020, 07:33   #239
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Call me pessimistic but maybe some deaths have been put down as Covid because they are so busy? We have all seen the pictures on the news of how under pressure they are and yes they probably had it but maybe they died of a Heart attack, undetected cancer or one of the other many things that can get us.

Don't get me wrong I know it has killed a lot of people directly but how many would have died anyway even if it wasn't around? I wonder if you were driving a car and got killed in an accident with Covid in your system it would be a Covid death?

My dear old Mum is 89, she has been shielding since it started, she has high blood pressure bad Asthma and probably a few other things. Her attitude at her age something will get her probably sooner rather than later so she has decided to not bother anymore shielding as she does not want to spend the last few months/years of her life in her house. She was out yesterday shopping and popped into her favourite coffee shop for a piece of cake and hot chocolate.

I can answer one of those questions for you, not one single person in this country has ever "recovered" from covid19, and to die of any other means at all, you would be counted as a covid19 death.

So if you have an accident, four months after having tested positive for the virus, covid19 will be recorded on the death certificate.

It makes a mockery of the statistics somewhat, I would be inclined to rely on the number of excess deaths in relation to previous years being a more accurate figure.

Hats off to your mum, I think this is a reasonable stance to take in the circumstances, enjoying life rather than enduring it seems sensible to me.

Chris