View Single Post
Old 24th December 2019, 10:16   #1
cadcam

Rover 75 cdti (+ sad broken cdt)

Default Cheapest and most reliable way to obtain fully functioning spare keys (Cambridgeshire

I have been reading back through some of the posting about obtaining keys and am finding it quite confusing to obtain a firm idea of the way to go.

I have a new (to me) 75 CDTi which came with one fully functioning key. I have now had a replacement blank cut by Timpsons which at least gets me into the car but of course doesn't start the it.

I have been quoted >130ukp by Timpsons, for a 'fully' working key and >170 by Rimmers.

Both seem to want access to the car to program the new key, which makes Rimmers quite expensive re time/travel.

Does anyone know of a easier, and ideally cheaper, option in the Cambridge area?

NB I do have two keys from my previous 75 both working but one doesn't seem to have the full code printed inside the fob.

[ Previous 75 CDT was going well until hit a smallish lump of mud/concrete in the road which unfortunately managed to smash the sump! So probably going to the breakers in the sky ]

Many Thanks
cadcam is offline   Reply With Quote