View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 06:39   #132
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I will let you go back through this thread to see your refusal to accept alternative practices and other engineered solutions.
Well I'm sorry but your criticism can't be taken seriously unless you justify it. It really doesn't make any sense anyway because I positively embrace "alternative practices and other engineered solutions"! What you don't like is that I don't always follow the frequently publicised methods of a few forum members. That's a different thing altogether and it's everyone's right to act as they see fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
As far as the bolts go, I know they are replaceable, but a snapped bolt in the subframe would be inconvenient to say the least.
The ARB saddle clamp set screws aren't actually in the subframe, they're in a bracket above it with the thread exposed. They won't "snap" if removed using the proper technique. But if you fear this, then do you fear the same may happen with the lower arm rear bush housing bolts too?
I have just removed and replaced these items on both sides of the car. Nothing snapped and no damage was done to the subframe. Good luck Alan, when the time comes.

Simon