View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 08:39   #133
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Well I'm sorry but your criticism can't be taken seriously unless you justify it. It really doesn't make any sense anyway because I positively embrace "alternative practices and other engineered solutions"! What you don't like is that I don't always follow the frequently publicised methods of a few forum members. That's a different thing altogether and it's everyone's right to act as they see fit.

The ARB saddle clamp set screws aren't actually in the subframe, they're in a bracket above it with the thread exposed. They won't "snap" if removed using the proper technique. But if you fear this, then do you fear the same may happen with the lower arm rear bush housing bolts too?

I have just removed and replaced these items on both sides of the car. Nothing snapped and no damage was done to the subframe. Good luck Alan, when the time comes.

Simon
You are incorrect in your assumptions. Previous concerns of mine have been related to your advice and guidance as fact based upon your 'evidence' regarding some other areas of these cars (in particular but not limited to the timing belt).

As I stated, you claimed to have the time, and your dismissal of these common and accepted practices is in this thread (and your reasoning, you do not need to repeat)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote