View Single Post
Old 19th May 2022, 17:31   #20
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Recieved the DMGRS supplied orings today and fitted, pretty rapid delivery many thanks on that. The Lidl sets are still in there gaining dust, maybe soon the redued sticker will arrive lets wait n see!

The old o rings i took off today where in ok condition and it was fairly clean down there so think the previous owner did them about 50K ago on his mission to cure smokey running. Still got a noise coming in above 1800rpm like a whine it comes on abaove 1800 and goes off below without fail, not ruling out bearings on an auxellery pulley itemas something on there can be squeaky till warmed up especially iif its been damp, suspect the bottom idler but you never know i suppose at 186K now the water pumps and PAS pumps among other things might start to complain? I dont use the aircon prefer to run on economy mode with windows down when possible lol so its not that.

Car defo stronger and more responsive now though after intercooler hole repair and these orings but only time will tell if the repair holds.

Has anyone heard of a turbo failing on the cdti i read its rare, maybe as a result of a hole in the intercooler that had been there for a bit to long combined with spirited driving?

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 19th May 2022 at 17:36..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote