Thread: Gaming PC
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2014, 10:54   #10
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
I know more games are available for the PC, but, have you considered a MAC?

My PC laptop is an i7 processor with 8gb of ram and a Geforce dedicated graphics card and cost around £850 new about 12 months ago, and my secondhand Mac is mid 2007 dual core with 4gb of ram and cost £280.

I do most of my intense work (graphics / video etc) on the Mac as is so much more efficient and faster than the PC as its held by the windows OS.

Just a thought, but dont really have much experience of gaming though.

Simon
PC is certainly the one for gaming but MACs are slowly opening up.
Trouble with MACs is all the typical gaming spec towers are quite brutally priced. However they do seem to have a much longer shelf life even if on paper they're using slower processors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
If its gaming PC then you need to decide the level of Graphics card you want to pay for .. nowadays most mid level cards can cope with the majority of games.

The GFX card really should be the most expensive single part in a
gaming PC

A couple of years ago I went to a 2nd hand top end card of a previous year, A GTX 295) original RRP £500+) got it for £90 and its only now just starting to show its limits @ 4 years old.

C.
The sort of games I want to play are massive strategy games such as the Total War series but also things like Fallout and Skyrim. Games that can be a little demanding.

I don't wanna be upgrading all the time, 4 years is ideal for me so I tend to buy better processors and graphics cards to last me.

RAM fortunately is pretty cheap.