View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:40   #8
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadows View Post
Thanks for the reply guys, well the first issue I had was the thermostat so I had that replaced. Then steam started coming out when queuing at KFC including the interior which using the air con only got worse. I had the air con re-gassed but no problems were found except the air con would not run cold. Then whilst in a queuing again but at MC. Donald's she overheated but this time the temp guage went up so I pulled over immediately, waited until she had cooled, top her up with water and got her home. The garage told me they did a test and that this time it was the head gasket but nobody wanted to do the work.....but, I wondered could it be a cooling fan failure? as I cannot recall it switching on but having said that there does appear to be oil in the coolant.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
You say the garage did a test, do you know what test they did? If they have done a compression test they they should be able to provide you with a print out of the results so you can see for yourself if there are any differences between each cylinder.

Also they should have carried out a sniff test to determine if there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system.

As you say it could be the fan so you need to carry out a demist test as follows ..

1. Turn the aircon on and choose ECON.
2. Now press demist and you should hear the slow speed fan kick in, you may need to get out and look through the grill to make sure.

If the low speed isn't working then you need to sort that out but how you do it depends on whether you've got three speed fan or two speed fan but do the test first, then you can move on.

Paul

Last edited by paulh260260; 3rd July 2021 at 11:43..
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote