View Single Post
Old 27th October 2016, 23:03   #269
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I think the macro shot I can't think of anything that would improve on that, perfect capture

The castle shot I would maybe lose a little of the forground beach perhaps?
This would take the horizon off the centre even further and maybe help the composition and the eye drawn into the scene more .......maybe

I think you were right to take an alternative picture to the norm......not least because you would have had to have waders on to take the other one
Thanks Jeff, the dandelion picture is one of my favourites that I have taken. Even more so as it was one of my first close ups with effort. It needed a little white balance tweak, and a slight crop. This is the original

The sunset castle one, I have played around with it countless times, and the actual subject was actually more the beach, and groynes leading you to the castle, with the sunset adding atmosphere. But no matter what I did, it either brought the sun too close to the edge, which was distracting, or there was a lot of dead space in the lower RH corner, or upper LH corner.

This is the one I had framed.

how about a night time view? lol I had forgotten about this one, taken about a year apart if I recall, and from memory a different camera.

But here's one for critique. Shot on RAW with a polariser, pre Lightroom, so only curves and believe it or minimal saturation, the curves with the polariser did most of the work.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dandelion original DSCF1044.jpg (129.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg calendar and cards.jpg (70.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg castle night.jpg (70.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Glenoe Falls 7.jpg (143.2 KB, 32 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote