View Single Post
Old 8th May 2016, 20:38   #10
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjam View Post
That's my problem at the moment, removing the pipe, I don't know how to. Access to the bolts is bad, I took out the fuel filter to have a look, but it seems like I have to take all the plastics off the engine including the air filter housing, if that's even possible to access these two bolts.

Having the correct egr shouldn't be that much of a problem should it? It's achieving the same goal by blocking off the pipe.
Resurrection. I had the same problem today. For those saying it's the wrong kit, it's not, it's the correct kit. The problem is that your original EGR valve has been stuck slightly open AND you've had a broken flexi joint on the EGR supply pipe. Now that you've blanked it off completely, the additional back pressure on the supply pipe has been too much for the damaged flexi joint which has given up the ghost.

I've had both types of EGR bypass, the one with the stem and plate for the exhaust supply pipe, and the conventional cylinder type that's supplied with blanking discs and a manifold blanking plate and gasket. The latter is better, if it's properly fitted. You need to remove the entire EGR exhaust supply pipe and fit the blanking plate and gasket to the exhaust manifold. You'll have no problems after this is done. Car on ramps and done from underneath is my guess at the moment but will update tomorrow night with photos when I've done mine.

If you have ever been able to smell exhaust gases in the car when sitting at traffic lights etc, chances are that the EGR flexi joint is leaxing. Bypass it and blank the supply port on the manifold, you'll never have that problem again.