View Single Post
Old 28th November 2019, 19:54   #7
KeirL
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

I'd like to make the most of having the front of the car off over this weekend and I ideally want to test the intercooler for leaks due to the presence of oil at the offside end of the intercooler.
Is there a way to test the intercooler for leaks if I removed it from the car - perhaps flushing it out with something? I was also thinking of cleaning out the intercooler hoses - can they also be tested as I hear they can become porous over time.... is this just a visual inspection and what exactly am I look for? I wouldn't say they are oily on the outside but do have a layer of dry grime (in some areas) that rubs off onto your fingers when rubbed quite hard.
There are no oil leaks where the hoses go into the intercooler but is it worth still changing the oil seals anyway or are these best left undisturbed if there is no sign of failure?
Finally - what about the inlet manifold.... with the EGR removed I can see there's a lot of stodge in there - how are these best cleaned?

thanks and sorry for all the questions, but I just want to give the Rover a bit of love and care back at the moment...and have a free weekend coming up.
KeirL is offline   Reply With Quote