View Single Post
Old 21st May 2022, 10:01   #23
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
My wife does about 100-105 miles a day in hers, starts fully charged and usually says it's got around 45 miles left when she gets home. So for her I'd say at this time of year it's got a range of between 140 and 150 miles. A/C seems to knock about 15 miles off the range. She's learned it's better for range to use the heated seat to warm her up when cold, rather than use the heater to heat the whole car.

A couple of things that are irritating/surprising. She previously had the 1.5 petrol exclusive model, which had front foglights. But the exclusive EV model, despite having a lot of other extra features, doesn't come with front fogs.
As mentioned above, the A/C knocks about 15 miles off the range, so they've fitted a full glass roof, which makes the car heat up a lot worse than her other one with a normal metal roof.
And presumably because it's a budget brand, none of the glass (with the exception of the roof) has any sort of tint to it, so it doesn't reflect any sun at all, again making it very hot in the sun.

Lancpudn, sorry for hijacking your thread

Oh No worries It's all good info. We don't use ours every day & I only charge it twice a month so I cant really tell people what sort of range to expect.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote