View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:56   #16
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Good Morning Paul,

It seems only the IPK is affected, as you've said. With this in mind and that KV6 ECM faults are extremely rare, I'd recommend that you follow the Workbook's advice to look for a wiring fault. Any information that a T4 session can give you will also be valuable.

Edit: Looking at the CAN bus wiring diagram, header connector C0293 seems a likely culprit!

Simon
Thanks Simon

Well that's a relief that its unlikely to be the ECM, I'll just have to give it a good visual inspection including checking the C0293 junction box and if I can't find anything obvious its off to the local T4 boys.

As an aside I've got a rattle which I think is the forward heat shield so I'm going to get under the thing and check if the Lambda sensor wiring has been compromised. During my research I've discovered that there's is an earth from the ECM via pin 2 on the sensor so if this has been damaged it may cause these anomolies. Or am I talking rubbish?!!!

Suppose its just a case of having patience and time!!

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by paulh260260; 23rd June 2022 at 10:00..
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote