View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2019, 09:31   #6
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm read so many options & opinions on this forum and in others that my brain hurts - so I still can't decide what to do.

Logic says sandblast, then galvanise, then paint (primer & top coats) and finally wax. But my wallet says "" about the sandblasting stage - it's likely to be several hundred quid to do this little lot (line 2 post 1). So decision number 1 is whether to sandblast or not.

Decision number 2 is which products to use. The list is endless but Bilt Hamber and POR-15 seem to get a lot of recommendations. I contacted POR Support and they said don't galvanise*- go straight from sandblasting to the priming stage. So that confuses things even more. https://porproducts.com/our-brand.

Edit Just to add to the above: i.e. sandblast or don't sandblast. POR Support said either way will work. Using POR-15 over factory painted new parts will extend the life of the paint, but POR-15 on sandblasted parts is a permanent solution.

Edit *The reason being (say POR) that there's no advantage over using the POR 3-step system.

Last edited by Blink; 3rd August 2019 at 07:37.. Reason: Addition
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote