Thread: Electric cars
View Single Post
Old 15th June 2022, 14:45   #147
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
I'm just waiting for the day I see a line of broken down EV's while I slowly drive past them in a fully functional petrol.

Oh how I'll laugh.
Too late old chap! Us EV drivers have had so many chances to laugh at the luddites reliant on lots of little explosions to move them down the road recently. I remember being amused by the poor sods trying to find petrol stations with fuel so they could join a long queue in the hope some would be left for them! In these days of petrol and the devil's fuel costing over £8 a gallon, I am further amused as my car has been powered by free sunlight for nearly the last 3 months from our PV panels. Not so cheap in the winter when we might have to buy £15 (less than the cost of 2 gallons...) of electricity to propel us 250 miles.

I would state also that I think to "climate catastrophe" is merely the latest Doomsday cult and will turn out to be no more true than any of the previous ones! Our EV is the fastest, quietest, most comfortable car I have had in over 50 years of motoring. I also suspect it is the cheapest to run!