Old 18th November 2020, 20:47   #25
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Shock, horror.....

If we give a massive incentive to own a particular type of transport then not too far down the road the money pot is going to shrink .

Many have already said that it won't be long before a way of "taxing" electric vehicles will arise.

I'm glad I haven't got the job of trying to balance the books and use of the phrase "Poll Tax" is bound to send shivers down any politicians spine (if they can find one ).
Hi Andy. There is already a way of taxing electric vehicles. Put 10 pence on every kilowatt they use from the grid. Meter to be put in car and the charge for that will be £1000. They will not do that because they will not be able to con you into having a vehicle you can not drive half the time because there will not be enough electric generated. The English must be, or have become, the most gullible people on earth.People are moaning about having to stop in during this pandemic. You ain’t seen nothing yet. I will be long gone, hopefully, but we will move into another ‘dark age’. Talking tatters am i? Wait and see. Oh and don’t forget with the extra weight of electric vehicles on the road (Batteries) there will be more potholes coming along. Oh the joys of technology. Moan over, but ment.