View Single Post
Old 13th June 2021, 09:27   #4
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Banned, but fines not in place until 2024. So not banned?

The councils up our way have made great strides into turning city centres into ghost towns most recently with spaces for people malarkey . Take a look at the silver city which has taken a double hit from Covid and Oil. Vast and not very old office buildings being demolished due to extortionate rates = dropping rates collections to fund their greediness and overspending.

Example- industrial unit annual rate (these are tiny) = 2017=£75k, 2018=£135k, that was from our wee pal Derek at Holyrood
I reckon my current employers rates are in the region of £1.5mn, and they have abandoned it last year. This and many other buildings are not sustainable. The council are in for a shock.

You should have also mentioned the workplace parking poll tax which is part of the legislation. In a rural community there is no bus or train and yet the councils are all jumping on this golden climate road to billions in tax revenue. With the change to working from home for some I can tell you that a large V will be given to these overpaid cash hungry pigs when the employees don’t travel to work anymore the councils squandered millions in business will unfold. AFAIK EV’s will also be charged the parking poll tax.

Last edited by Lovel; 13th June 2021 at 09:58..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote