View Single Post
Old 8th December 2018, 19:23   #34
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
For those who believe that all the brains are South of Potter's Bar should make a trip to Liversedge or Tyneside.
Staying at Notts for the weekend I thought it sensible to carry on up the M1 and get BigRuss to run a health check on my recent acquisition and sort my key out. So for those as ignorant as me about producing a duplicate key allow me to briefly explain.
First Russ excvated the EWS imobiliser hidden behind the lighting switch. This is the size of a large fag packet. He then read and copied over the code from my existing key by placing it on a BMW key programmer. There are 10 key stations one of which was occupied by my existing key. My new key was then placed on the programmer and the code transferred into a blank key station. But of course nowt ever works as it should, but a lengthy discussion with MarinaBrian cracked it.
So what ever these two don't know about auto electronics can't be worth knowing, or it hasn't been invented yet. We're always told to make secure backups, so I do hope that if Anyone is Up There two clones of these hugely talented members are being kept in cold store.
Glad you're sorted, but we up here already know the value of these 2 lads And of course all the tech bods on the forum
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote