View Single Post
Old 11th November 2020, 21:35   #9
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annfield-East View Post
Thanks. In that case I will consider mine to be perfectly normal.

Well I'd listen to those more expert than me on the subject and as pointed out the gauge has a very wide range of temperatures when showing on 9 O'clock but as also pointed out you can check the actual temp as its running, through the trip button method which is described on threads elsewhere.

All I know is that my first diesel was always on 9 O'clock and never had a problem in the 3 years I owned it, my second never moved past 25 to 9 on the long run home after picking it up so I knew that the T'stat was jammed open and two weeks later Jules fitted a new in line T'Stat mod and the reading on the gauge shifted up to 9 O'clock just like on my other 75 and has stayed there ever since after warm up, again for the 3 years that I've owned this one.

Checking the actual temp using the Trip button method my current car just about struggles to reach 86 - 87 ish when warmed up.

Worth noting also that for the first 18 months that I owned the second diesel the fan wasn't working and the gauge still stayed at 9 O'clock just as it does after getting a new fan fitted. ( I do realise that the fans very rarely if ever come on on a Diesel anyway unless the A/C is on)

Last edited by bendrick; 11th November 2020 at 21:41..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote