View Single Post
Old 16th August 2021, 19:18   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos.m View Post
They really struggled and in the end they said they couldn't get the rear done, but they got it to toe equally
Here's the final, 2004 MGR Tracking Specification, which (if you can read it OK) should more or less tally with the printout you received. The upper table, top row is what you want.

If I read the printout correctly, before they adjusted it the rear total toe was 0°48' (or 48 minutes of arc). After adjustment, it was 0°42', so you have to wonder what they actually did? My thoughts are they either didn't know the 75's rear wheels are actually adjustable for toe, or they weren't able to slacken the adjuster. As you can see, the wheel toe is about equal each side, but in totai is somewhat outside the specified range of 0°16' - 0°28'. The rear training arm has a moveable bush held by four bolts just ahead of the wheel arch. They can be a source of problems and can get rounded off. It would be worth having a look and sourcing new ones if they're at all suspect. They're special grade, so an ordinary bolt won't do. There's more info available on this if needed.
Quote:
- - - Still after all that it's still pulling to the left. Are 75s that difficult to get right?
In my experience, yes they can be. It really depends on what you mean by 'pulling'. If you have to physically keep the steering wheel pulled right, then there's a tracking error. However, these cars can have a drift left tendency, which is much less troublesome and is often assiciated with road camber. I remember my ex-showroom/1,000 miles from new 1.8T doing this. A ten mile drive by the local MGR service manager, plus two separate Hunter tracking sessions by MGR themselves didn't eliminate it. Another 'feature' I guess.

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 16th August 2021 at 19:23..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote