View Single Post
Old 16th December 2010, 13:01   #1
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Default Coolant level sensor, whos interested?

well, the time many of you have been waiting for has finally come, my sensor is 99% complete

it is currently undergoing field testing and is due to go on my car within the next few days (if it doesnt snow too much)

as many read, my previous attempt never really took off so it went back to the drawing board and it has been re-worked. no need to create unnecessary holes in the coolant header tank, it simply fits in line on the coolant pipe below the bottle. quick and easy to fit, with the added bonus that i will go on most cars, not just 75's and zt's. but im not going to go into detail how it works (not just yet anyway, slight changes may be required)

unfortunatly, due to the way the coolant pipes go on the diesel, it is currently limited to both 1.8's (turbo and non) and all v6's. a different method may be devised for the diesel but it is not really required with the diesels having so few problems with water loss.

but what i need to know is how many people would be interesded?

they will be sold as complete items, no assembly will be required as i will both assemble and test each one to make sure it is properly made and will do the job. due to material cost, and depending on how many people would be interested, the price per unit will be in the region of £15. this will go either way depending on how many people want one (this figure is based on 100 sold, 200 will bring the price down by a few pound, 50 or less will be over £20)

i will not be making any until i am totaly satisfied the prototype is upto the job. this means materials wont be bought untill late jan, so it has had plenty of time to prove whether it works as it should.

so if your interested, please form an orderly list so i can gather numbers. thank you all :xmas-smiley-031:

>>> 40 is the magic number. when there is this much interest, it becomes viable to buy enough to make 100, therefore cheaper for you lot <<<

update - i have now also created a way to moniter the diesel, so all variants are now covered other than the v8 (not seen one so i cant say if either pertro or deisel will fit)

1. Sikelsh
2. kevineds
3. stevestrat
4. beejay
5. suzublu
6. vindaloo
7. pab
8. bigrob73
9. stevo
10. kaiser
11. Mr Edd
12. lost soul
13. vincenzo
14. eskezz
15. brownie21
16. stevemac
17. chipsceola
18. carl
19. VVC-Geeza
20. geofftl1000r
21. PEJO
22. poppy
23. Becs512
24. radi8or
25. phenonix
26. rovernut
27. bobgrice
28. TimeSearcher
29. ionajohn
30. newport75
31. Gman2
32. Macgyver
33. trebor
34. baldy1926
35. billybumble
36. James.uk
37. ja3142
38. josen
39. GRAHAM1961
40. kevin
41. m0sko
42. simdel1
43. jaydeeuu
44. Terryf
45. flying banana

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available

Last edited by rrobson; 18th December 2010 at 11:27..
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote