View Single Post
Old 27th March 2020, 13:24   #3
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

This is a subject that I have had little experience with so far, apart from the entry system at work, we drive into the staff car park, lock and leave the vehicle and walk over to the turn-style thing. We are then to use either facial recognition, or finger-print recognition.
As this system was installed, many of us had reservations on the hardiness and reliability of such system. And sure enough - after 3 weeks service it has shown its true capabilities. It was to save on staffing at the security gates leaving them to deal with vehicle deliveries ETC.
What we experience now is "Authentication Failed" for both finger and facial recognition, thus many thousands spent and countless hours and activity registering everybody has fallen to the old fashioned way, so the gate-keeper now has to manually authorise everybody's movements both in and out every day.
Progress ?
Only if it works !

Back on topic, never used the fingerprint recognition on my phones for this possible failure taking place, simple coding should suffice in most cases, as if the phone gets lifted, I would expect it would be re-worked by some thief or his agent in order to open the thing back up- even if its simply for parts !
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote