Old 16th November 2019, 23:39   #83
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Thanks fellas.

I've had a better look at her today, she certainly has some bodywork issues, looks good at 20ft, just don't go any closer. lol She's had a very bad respray at some point, and there are several rust bubble areas that do need sorting. I dread to think whats behind the chrome sill covers, I think they will be staying on for now. lol

I took her out today to go see my bodyshop repair guy, he's going to sort out the bit of welding for the mot, and gave me a quote to sort out all the other issues, and it wasn't cheap. I know I bought her cheap, but blooming heck, I don't fancy paying those kind of figures, I reckon I will be doing most work myself, a long term rolling restoration me thinks... what fun that will be.

She drives ok, good oil pressure, and the overdrive works, plenty of new bits been fitted, new petrol tank, pump, new exhaust, brake master cylinder, ignition coil, plugs & leads what I can see, she also has three folders of paperwork, also a MG parts catalog... bonus. She does have a oil leak, could even be coming from the gearbox, need to get her up on some ramps, see what else she is hiding.

Its certainly enjoyable to have such an old vehicle to drive and work on, great fun driving the old girl, everything just seems so simple, good old school motoring.

A quick photo shoot on way back from the bodyshop, she looks good in the photos, you cant see what 41 years has done to the old girl. She is certainly a proper MG that's for sure lol but she needs chrome bumpers, I'm not that keen on the black rubber, plus I'm after the front scoop valance, liking that design a lot.

Warning! Alarming bright 70's orange colour.

Loving this Wes you've got yourself a great buy there, well chuffed for you.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote