View Single Post
Old 11th December 2021, 16:51   #193
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

The up and rising antipathy being shown by some to those who choose not to be vaccinated are not helping their cause by slagging off any nay-sayers
A couple of facts:
1. At the point when the NHS is about to be overwhelmed, the country will go back into lockdown, as has happened before. We're not there yet, but it's perfectly conceivable that we will be in a few more weeks or months.
2. The vast majority of Covid patients are unvaccinated.
3. Those who are complaining now about being strong-armed into getting a jab will also be the first to complain about any further restrictions on day-to-day life, whether lockdown or anything else.

Luckily my family is relatively well-placed to endure another lockdown (much as I really hope there isn't one), but for many even the prospect of another one is really worrying, and the reality would be devastating. So it's hardly surprising that those people have little patience with the unvaccinated-and-so-far-uninfected, who are already piling a lot of totally avoidable pressure on the NHS, and who may yet be the catalyst for another lockdown.

Quote:
Now we have the inglorious nadir of being called names, being ‘excluded’, castigated, threatened, and eventually surely ostracised because of unproven theories.
But the exclusion and perceived ostracism are voluntary! The jab comes with no financial cost, minimal time cost and (for the vast majority of people) minimal discomfort.

Quote:
At worst being forced to undergo medical procedures en mass, oh no, who said that? Now, where have I heard that before? Well, at this rate it won’t be long.
No one is forcing you or anyone else to have a medical procedure, nor is this even being discussed! But if the current direction this country is taking seems too authoritarian for your liking, look at what is happening among our closest allies. Australia has stopped paying child benefit to unvaccinated parents;
meanwhile some of Canada's provinces have barred unvaccinated children from attending school. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with either policy, merely offering a comparison.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote