View Single Post
Old 18th February 2021, 17:07   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

My wife had collapsed and a ambulance was called for. Because Val had suffered a head injury the ambulance needed to get to Queens hospital in Romford Essex. With blues and two’s off we set. Whilst overtaking some cars on the A12 dual carriageway a Range Rover pulled out in front of us and proceeded to stay in front at a steady 50 mph.

The ambulance driver kept on the siren, but no response from the Range Rover driver. So the ambulance driver swung over to the inside lane and undertook the offending 4x4. It then followed us all the way to the hospital and parked in the ambulance bay. The driver got out and said, “I have phoned the police and you will get arrested for you bad driving. Coming up behind me with all that noise, frightened my kids.”

The crew, and I, ignored him and got Val into A&E. After initial examination she was taken into theatre. As I was waiting outside both the ambulance crew approached me and said the police were outside. We went to look. The Range Rover driver was verbally giving the Police a piece of his mind. Not sure what the Police said to him but he got into his wagon and blasted out of the ambulance bay. The police car followed and stop in on the Rom Valley Road. Where I believe he was arrested but I have no proof. Never heard anymore.

After the operation and a weeks stay in hospital Val was allowed home.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote