View Single Post
Old 13th June 2021, 14:32   #23
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean & Green View Post
Fitting a larger battery isn’t going to make any difference if the battery is in a poor state of charge from lack of use. The battery is perfectly adequate, if it’s not low in charge.

Do you have any data to support your argument about stop start being pointless? Anything at all to suggest that congested traffic in town centres with rows of cars using stop start systems doesn’t help reduce CO2?

The motorist gets penalised, because many journeys made by motorists could be made better. You can’t get around the fact that a plane is needed to transport people and cargo around the world. We can help to reduce emissions when people are burning fuel sitting in a jam going for a pint of milk.

Every little helps.
Pointless because of the almost microscopic effect effect this will have on pollution compared to all the other ENORMOUS amounts of pollution from all the gas producing giants that surround us.

To me it's a bit like an old lady weeing in the sea to be told she has now raised the ocean level.

The data I use to support my evidence goes under the title of---common sense--( A commodity not too easy to find as we are continuously being fed lots of misinformation about just about everything in our lives. )

I know that you, personally, don't always accept the written word as gospel without having a think about what you are being told as the truth. --Take my post for instance. You seem to be giving it some consideration in order to reply to it.---Is IT the truth or lies fabricated by me.--

Just consider the smoke screens the government have been issuing to us mere mortals about Covid.

I won't go on cos this thread is about what I personally see as a waste of time and money in the stop/start system that has baffled many owners.

We all have our own opinions. I think it's useless-----You think it's a good thing.---

All I can say is---Bon Chance.---

Appropriate smilley.

Last edited by COLVERT; 13th June 2021 at 14:35..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote