View Single Post
Old 13th June 2021, 16:57   #27
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean & Green View Post
Well the total combination of all cars on the roads are far from microscopic, but whatever.

1/--If every single motorist in the world took a pee in the sea several times a day, I’m not sure what the result would be TBH. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be ideal. Where do we draw the line? Why recycle at home? I mean one more glass jar ending up in landfill won’t matter eh?

2/--Before owning a stop start car, I didn’t really see the point. However after getting used to it, I now fail to see the point in needlessly idling when not moving for a period of time. I’ve not heard of increased failures in starter motors or anything else. They have a beefier starter, shut down at TDC to facilitate an easier start and also have the monitoring system to decide if it’s best for the car to shut down or not.

3/--The OP’s car most likely just wants a good run. The car is actually operating as it should and conserving the less than healthy battery. But if you want to believe the whole system is a load of cobblers - that’s fine. It doesn’t mean you are correct.

4/--With regards to common sense, the whole issue we’ve had with Covid is because of the general population’s lack of it. It’s been clear what it was and what we needed to do from the start, but many many thousands thought they knew better.

Oh well!
Item 1/--Sewage from just about everywhere in the world ( This includes plastic items. ) is daily discharged un-treated directly into the oceans.--- The small amount you mention would go un-noticed amongst that lot.---

Item 2/--Fair enough.

Item 3/--Agreed, I might not be correct but on the same basis you might not be either.---

Item 4/--More than a hint of it missing in government also don't you think ??

PS. By the way. I really genuinely like your car.--Very smart.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote