View Single Post
Old 14th June 2021, 10:03   #30
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Oooops. Forgot to say this in my previous post.

Quote:--Well the total combination of all cars on the roads IS far from microscopic, but whatever.-

Now a 'however' to your 'whatever'.--

Are you saying as a point of discussion that ALL the cars on the road throughout the world have start/stop systems ???--( You do say total. ) Sorry but I can't agree with you there.--

Probably less than I million I would guess. But that's just a guesstimate. --

In my humble opinion I would think the exhaust gases from the worlds total number of butts would exceed by trillions of percents the CO2 being saved from these crazy stop/start systems.---Lol.

Oh !!! and don't forget to add cattle to this vast source of CO2 as well.
No you’ve misunderstood what I was getting at.

The total number of cars will add up to a good percentage of pollution. Going forward as an attempt to try helping the situation and not add to the issue, new cars are fitted with stop start. No it’s not the be all and end all, it is just a way to try and do something rather than doing nothing and keep on just adding more and more cars to the roads sitting in jams idling.

It really isn’t a bad thing. Having two cars in our fleet with it, it’s no hardship to live with. Considering electric is a long way from being a real alternative, I think doing what ever can be done to help keep combustion cars as a viable option is a good thing.
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote