View Single Post
Old 6th March 2021, 20:17   #129
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
...........but it won't rotate 90 degrees left, it only goes to 12 o'clock............

Disconnect the barrel from the lock assembly then try barrel rotation, if the same happens as above, then the problem is with the barrel, door handle assembly, if not then you need to look further.

Doubtful that the new lock assembly is damaged though.
So following your suggestion Bill, I disconnected the dogbone and noticed that the barrel assembly would now rotate 90 degrees each way like it should. I noticed I still couldn't pull out the dogbone from the barrel mechanism, but it seemed to be rotating asymmetrically so I straightened it until it 'felt right'. I then made sure that the actuator was unlocked electronically by the fob, disconnected and removed it. I confirmed the manual operations on the bench were OK, but this time made sure the card button lever was in the 'up' position. It was then refitted on the door, carefully locating the dogbone. This seemed to work since the manual key operation would now go 90 degrees anti-clockwise from 12 o'clock as well clockwise 90 degrees for the first time. Much encouraged I tried it with power and found all operations to be normal after a minor adjustment to the outside door handle linkage.
Finally I disconnected the power to simulate a flat battery and the manual key unlocked the door as it should.
Whoop!Whoop!Whoop!
Last time I felt this pleased was when the boot in the 260 finally stopped collecting water
It's freezing outside tonight, so the door cards will have to wait.
I'll post a conclusion to this thread shortly.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote