View Single Post
Old 24th February 2021, 10:25   #8
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Thank you all for the replies.

I will try an engine flush and another oil change as soon as I can.

I have done another video this morning after I arrived at work, parked up in the car park with the engine idling. This was after a 15 minute commute, mostly on a dual carriageway at 60mph.

https://youtu.be/_f_dONv5WTU

If I put my ear down into the engine bay it sounds more like its coming from the inlet manifold area rather than the engine itself. What could this suggest? Could it be related to my suspected leaking intel manifold gasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too
Just two other things to think about Rhys. Do you do a lot of short journeys where the oil doesn't reach a good healthy temperature? Also, it's beneficial to change your engine oil more frequently than the specified 15,000 miles. I'd suggest half that figure.
Simon, my usual driving is my 15-20 minute commute to and from work as above. It's mostly at 60-65mph on a dual carriageway. Though yesterday I had a few customer sites to visit so I had a half hour blast on the M4 a few times too.

I always change my oil every 6 months with a new filter, usually at the start of autumn then again at the start of spring.

I did try a 5w40 fully synthetic for about a year after recommendations by Opie Oils but I found it was getting a bit tappetty. Changing back to 10w40 cured that.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote