View Single Post
Old 6th August 2021, 14:46   #16
FantasticMrFish
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourerSteve View Post
As Steve says don't get hung up on the head gasket , as plenty of other reasons for coolant loss , I asked the question for a bit of history on the car .
As advised in my post you need to replenish your coolant, to ultimately prevent your car from overheating while you diagnose your coolant loss
Well quick update. I have topped off the coolant to the fill line and seems to be a very slight leak so it is proving harder to find than expected but I expect I'll have time to find it when I'm trying to sort the oil leak out.

For the oil is probably easier to say where isn't it leaking. Took spark plug 1 out to have a quick look for either a steam cleaned spark plug or worn relating to the misfire. The gap on those things is huge, didn't even have to measure by eye it looks to be about 2mm plus so new plugs is on the list for the service this month. The more concerning thing is the oil that was around the spark plug can clearly see the rocker head and cylinder head joins weeping when I had the ignition pack out so my theory is when I take it down to the block I can check a lot of other places to make sure.

I must say I'm getting overwhelmed now, got my eye on a nice condition diesel and I'm so so so tempted but I must push through else JBR2 will just end up getting moved on and more than likely gutted by someone that doesn't care.

Cheers
Shaun

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk
FantasticMrFish is offline   Reply With Quote