View Single Post
Old 5th January 2022, 16:04   #41
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

I have a friend who is a constant cruiser on a narrowboat & I was going to ask him how he will be affected because he uses red diesel for propulsion & heating.
I live on a narrowboat myself, and there is to be no change to the current situation, whereby a boater has to declare a "split" when purchasing fuel, fuel intended for propulsion being charged at the full DERV rate and fuel used for heating, battery charging etc being charged at the red diesel rate.

Government response

4.6 Following consultation, the government has decided to maintain the entitlement to use red diesel beyond April 2022 for all commercial boat operating industries, including but not limited to the fishing and inland water freight industries.

4.7 The government has therefore decided not to change the treatment of private pleasure craft in Great Britain, where they will continue to be able to use red diesel and pay their fuel supplier the difference between the red diesel rate and the white diesel rate on the proportion they intend to use for propulsion.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote