View Single Post
Old 7th January 2022, 22:56   #3
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
The rear sensors weren't working when I bought the car in October. Now I've straightened everything out that mattered, I'd like the sensors to work.

There is no clicking from any sensor. I disconnected the connector behind the bumper and cleaned & reconnected it but still nothing. I know at least one sensor is bust due to damage. Am I right in thinking that when reverse is selected, power should go to the module, and power should also go from the module to the sensors? If so, I'll test the car-side connector behind the bumper.

Second question. Is there a display on the IPK as well as a beeper when the sensors do work?

Dougie.
In answer to your questions

1 - Yes - just check your reversing lights work - if not the reverse switch has failed and your sensors wont work

2 - There is no display on the IPK

3 -Yes when you select reverse there should be a ONE second beep to tell you all is OK

4. In my issues with the parking sensor it has been the connector that draws in the 4 sensor looms and channels them to the parking ECU as it is prone to water ingress

5 . Your parking ECM may have failed - but that is rare - black ECM on early models and white on later models not sure of the cutover date.

6. Check your sensors - select reverse and get someone to listen to them - if they are ticking then the sensor is fine - which would point to the connector or the ECM

7 . Finally in early car the reverse sounder is mounted at the back of the car
and they do fail -Rimmers have them - on later cars the sounder is incorporated in the IPK - if it has failed then the door open sounder wont work as well.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote