View Single Post
Old 7th January 2022, 22:12   #4
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I dont think there is a display on the IPK. I can probably find another module you can try and see if that solves the problem. I'm perhaps a bit over 20 miles from you if you want to pop over
Thanks. I near enough drove past your door on Wednesday en route to Listers at N-o-T. As Yorkshire GOC has confirmed there's no display to be had, I may actually fit an aftermarket set I've had lying about unused for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
1 - Yes - just check your reversing lights work - if not the reverse switch has failed and your sensors wont work
They work.

2 - There is no display on the IPK
Ta.

3 -Yes when you select reverse there should be a ONE second beep to tell you all is OK
Nope, nothing.

4. In my issues with the parking sensor it has been the connector that draws in the 4 sensor looms and channels them to the parking ECU as it is prone to water ingress
As above, I've checked & cleaned it although it still may be faulty.

5 . Your parking ECM may have failed - but that is rare - black ECM on early models and white on later models not sure of the cutover date.
Mine's black although I've not seen it yet. The cut-off was done on VINs.

6. Check your sensors - select reverse and get someone to listen to them - if they are ticking then the sensor is fine - which would point to the connector or the ECM
As above, no ticking.

7 . Finally in early car the reverse sounder is mounted at the back of the car
and they do fail -Rimmers have them - on later cars the sounder is incorporated in the IPK - if it has failed then the door open sounder wont work as well.
The sounder will be at the back in view of having the earlier module.
Thanks for all that.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 9th January 2022 at 11:45..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote