View Single Post
Old 15th January 2022, 18:21   #13252
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Took the 75 to Grandborough to get Lates600 to investigate the coolant leak, change the transmission fluid and sort out the handbrake for once and for all.

There's a really nice vibe in his workshop and he obviously knows what he's about. The transmission fluid that came out was brown- I don't think it's ever been changed- and the gearchange is much smoother now. The handbrake was miles out of adjustment but now locks upon 2-3 clicks.

The coolant leak is the thermostat housing thing so I've emailed DMGRS with a list of what's needed, Leighton said it's a false economy not to fit a new water pump while the job is done, plus it also needs drop links and rear shock absorbers. Hopefully this can all be done in late February.

In the afternoon I had the exhaust rear box welded, a bracket had broken off it and the exhaust place I took it to said that as it was otherwise in good condition it would take a weld. We'll see.

Also emailed Tom Hobbs about obtaining a sill repair panel. It's going to be an expensive couple of months I think, but then a lot of folk pay £300 every month to lease an inferior car.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote