Thread: Hi-line issue?
View Single Post
Old 15th August 2021, 14:27   #12
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

It's been a while but while I had a bit of free time I thought I'd have a faff with my original MK3 GPS CD drive that I thought was damaged..

Anyway, I've now found that one of the CDs you supplied Steve does actually work. No other cd will work on the drive. The cd which works is the TMC 2010 disc. The original 2003 cd doesn't even work.

The head unit displays a message something along the lines of no disc being inserted.

With the 2010 cd inserted (the only one it likes?) I have tried to go into "set" and find the OS or firmware version but nothing is displayed.

Seeing that it appears to currently work albeit with one cd that it appears to prefer, is it worth trying to update the firmware?
I've had a good read and a look about and found a website that did offer v32 download with the bin/cue file etc, burnt the image to cd using imgburn at the slowest speed but with this cd inserted and trying to select the sat Nav option on the screen a message was displayed sorry I can't remember the exact wording but something along the lines of the inccorect cd has been inserted..

Anybody have any ideas on why the software version isn't displayed in the "set" section?

Thanks
Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote