Thread: Hi-line issue?
View Single Post
Old 16th August 2021, 11:53   #13
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
It's been a while but while I had a bit of free time I thought I'd have a faff with my original MK3 GPS CD drive that I thought was damaged..

Anyway, I've now found that one of the CDs you supplied Steve does actually work. No other cd will work on the drive. The cd which works is the TMC 2010 disc. The original 2003 cd doesn't even work.

The head unit displays a message something along the lines of no disc being inserted.

With the 2010 cd inserted (the only one it likes?) I have tried to go into "set" and find the OS or firmware version but nothing is displayed.

Seeing that it appears to currently work albeit with one cd that it appears to prefer, is it worth trying to update the firmware?
I've had a good read and a look about and found a website that did offer v32 download with the bin/cue file etc, burnt the image to cd using imgburn at the slowest speed but with this cd inserted and trying to select the sat Nav option on the screen a message was displayed sorry I can't remember the exact wording but something along the lines of the inccorect cd has been inserted..

Anybody have any ideas on why the software version isn't displayed in the "set" section?

Thanks
Rob
Rob, I think you'll find the V.32 firmware is for the Mk IV DVD drive and will not work on the earlier Mk III units, I'm not even sure whether there was an update for the Mk III firmware that was widely available, that is what is causing the error you are seeing when you load the CD into the sat nav drive.

The firmware you have downloaded is designed to create a CD, even though it is for the DVD drive (the Mk IV unit can read both CD and DVD discs).

Given the age of the unit, I think I'd quit whilst I was ahead, the CD drive you have seems to cope with the map CD and it is about the final update to the CD map discs, so I don't think that revised firmware (if available) would include any additional features or functionality - if you require more up to date maps with more features, then the only way to go would be the Mk IV set-up,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote