Thread: Hi-line issue?
View Single Post
Old 16th August 2021, 20:52   #15
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
Thanks for the info Steve after a bit more searching I found that their were further firmware updates up to around 22. But, from what I've found, original rover designated drives are locked and if they don't display the firmware version under the set tab in the head unit main screen, this is a locked ROM drive.

Having used the drive today on our 200 miles drive it worked great anyway so I won't bother looking into any firmware updates.

I find it really odd that the only disc it likes is one of the ones you sent me (huge thanks!) You sent me two discs a 2010 disc and the 2015 disc. It only works with the 2010 disc. No idea why so I think I'll be making a backup of this disc in case anything.happens to it.

Thanks
Rob
Hi Rob,
I have images of the discs stored on my PC, so if I ever need one I create the CD straight from the image, so I'm never creating a 'copy of a copy', OK, the image has been generated from a CD, but it's always a 'first generation' copy, not a copy of a copy of a copy - you get the idea! I could probably let you have a link to the file on my google drive so you could download it and store it on your PC, ready to create another CD should the need arise.

The TMC function on the Mk III only activates if the radio is tuned to classic FM, as they are the carriers of the TMC data (you can see if the TMC function is active as the 'TMC' logo at the bottom of the map screen turns green) if you have the chance to upgrade to the BMW BM24 radio module, which has two tuners, you can set the unit to have one tuner configured to receive the TMC data and the other tuner for your normal radio station of choice, so the TMC data will always be available, regardless of what radio station you are listening to.

The TMC data is useful, only the other day it alerted me to stationary traffic on the M60 five miles further along, giving me time to divert off the motorway,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote