Thread: Moving house.
View Single Post
Old 7th June 2022, 12:40   #1
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Moving house.

Or not.

We've been considering moving house for sometime now, had the estate valued and Oh My Goodness. Anyway been on the old Right Move thingy and to be fair when you look at how some properties are advertised and the words used by estate agents, it makes our politicians look as honest as a mid summer day is long. Looked at one and noticed that the bath was held together by brown parcel tape. I kid you not. You would think that as a place has a kitchen, dining room, living room, hall, 4-5 bedrooms, bathrooms, utility, garage and whatever else there would be a photo of each room from several angels. Nope. Some just put on 12 including 5 of the garden even if it has 15 or so rooms. Others give a close up of some plant sitting forlornly in an unused fireplace. Whisky Tango Foxtrot is that going to do to sell the place. Now we really don't want to travel some 200 miles only to see a house that is in need of a builder, did that recently all the way up to Northumberland (nice county by the way). Clearly such a lack of photos makes one think there is something to hide. Like the damp up the walls and the leaky toilet, oh yes it's interesting what one can pick out when casting the PC to a smart TV. Zoom in. Arrgh.

They put a link on to Street Map, only it's miles out, so we spend ages "driving" up and down only to find the place overlooks a large shopping outlet, backs onto a pig farm or has an industrial estate as the nearest neighbour. Or that they've just built a dirty great big housing estate in the adjacent field which no one wants to buy anything on. Funny that.

We've started looking at Scotland again, only they seem to have a weird way of selling/buying houses. However living opposite the entrance to the Clyde would have a number of advantages. One does seem to get a lot of brick for one's buck north of the border though and my wife would feel like she's gone back home (she misses Ayrshire). Problem is my lot would never speak to me again as we'd live even further away. Not that it is Scotland I must stress, they got animated when we went to Northumberland for a viewing. Did I say how nice Northumberland was?

Anyway what will be will be, stay, move. Suffolk's a nice county, very friendly people and we're a short drive from the coast. Hospitals are good and we have a Waitrose which could be the clincher.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote